Doña Elena unveils new line of delicious tuna for the healthy holidays.
Many people treat the Yuletide season not only as a vacation from work but also a break from healthy living. Who could resist those tempting Noche Buena favorites during this time of celebration with family and friends?
Little do they know, Filipinos do not need to compromise their healthy lifestyle for a delicious spread during Christmas or any other celebration, especially with Doña Elena just around the corner. The trusted brand known for its products’ superior quality, excellent taste and abundant nutritional value, Doña Elena will satiate your family, friends, and guests’ craving for perfect home-cooked meals. The Doña Elena line prides itself with top-notch products rich in protein and fiber-rich like Al Dente pasta, antioxidant-laden Olive Oil, and flavorful Spanish Sardines.
And as a holiday treat to Filipinos across all ages, Doña Elena unveils this Christmas season the Doña Elena 100% Tuna in Sunflower Oil, which comes in Chunks and Shredded. This newest product line of Doña Elena carries several nutrients from omega-3, protein, selenium and vitamin D of the tuna to the omega-6 fatty acids, vitamin E, and polysaturated fats of the cholesterol-free sunflower oil.
More than being healthy, Doña Elena 100% Tuna in Sunflower Oil in Chunks and Shredded is great tasting too making it an ideal partner to any dish, from beloved Christmas staples like pasta and stews, to everyday needs such as dips, patties, stuffing, and spreads. Above all, it’s 100% Pure Tuna meat, no extenders, preservatives and MSGs.
Enjoy the holidays even more with suggested recipes of Sardines Casserole and Tuna Pilaf using Doña Elena’s range of favorite products. With Doña Elena around, Christmas will be as merry and guilt-free as it should be.
- 1/2 cup red and green bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 pc. red onion, chopped
- 1/2 bottle Doña Elena Spanish Sardines in Olive Oil, drained
- 1/2 cup Doña Elena Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup goat's cheese, cubed
- 2 pcs. egg
- 1 tbsp. Doña Elena Pure Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Doña Elena Black Olives, sliced
- 1 tbsp Doña Elena Capers
- (to taste) salt and pepper
- (for garnish) parsley, chopped
- 1. Preheat a pan with Doña Elena Pure Olive Oil, add onions, bell peppers and zucchini. Saute until onions are fragrant.
- 2. Add the Doña Elena Diced Tomatoes, Doña Elena Black Olives and Doña Elena Capers. Simmer until slightly thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- 3. Transfer sardines in a bake proof small casserole. Top with the tomato mixture, goat's cheese then the raw egg. Bake at 180˚C for 5 to 10 minutes. Top with chopped parsley before serving.
Click here to read more...