It’s Wednesday and I feel like it’s Friday already… I’m sooooo lazy to type something up. So, today’s recipe is Arroz a la Cubana Joy’s Style.
I had 2 servings for lunch and had it as filling for my bread on meryenda. It’ best paired with “koks” (as my yongest daughter Lily pronounced it…) or Koka Kola.
I know, I know I’m into self-imposed eating less program but this is irresistible. I like it, my husband and kids like it and I’m sure you will like it too… It’s that gooood, promise!
Happy cloudy Wednesday everyone!
1/2 kilo ground pork
1 big carrot (cut into small cubes)
3 small potatoes (cut into small cubes)
2 green bell peppers (deseeded and cut into wedges)
1 medium sized onion (chopped)
1 tbsp of minced garlic
3 tsp of tomato paste
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Saute garlic, onions, and bell peppers. Add the ground pork, stir to break them up.
2. Add potatoes and carrots.
3. Pour in the tomato paste. Mix well.
4. Season with salt and pepper, stir to blend well.
5. Add the carrots and potatoes.
6. Stir then turn off the heat.
7. Serve with fried egg and plantain banana (saging na saba)