It took me 4 rigorous re-shoots to get the look and feel I wanted for my buko pandan salad.
Lately, it has been a struggle to take food photos because of my very busy schedule at work, but when I finally had the time to do it everything feels like it’s my first time. My lighting, camera angle and styling sucks.
It doesn’t feel right…
But just like the old saying goes… practice makes perfect. I have to re-do it and re-shoot. Practice! Practice! Practice!
Cheers to my busy work schedule!
Here are some of my best shots of my very own buko pandan salad, enjoy!
- 2 buko grated and drained
- 1 cup chilled all purpose cream
- 3-4 tbsp of sugar
- 1 buko pandan Ferna Jelly Gulaman - prepared and cooked according to package instructions here's the picture of the gulaman powder http://www.ferna.com.ph/j/index.php/products/jelly-gulaman/item/3-ferna-jelly-gulaman-powder - I personally like this because it sets really quick and stays firm even in room temperature
- 1. Cut the gulaman into cubes
- 2. Whip all purpose cream until stiff peaks. I like to whip it so my buko pandan salad gets a creamy ice cream texture
- 3. Add sugar.
- 4. Add the buko and gulaman
- 5. Chill 1-2 hours
- 6. Serve and enjoy