What pasta dish you had recently that made you roll your eyes with pleasure and thought of a hashtag to type in your Instagram post?
Was it the Fettucine Alfredo, Lasagne, Pasta al pesto, or the equally famous pinoy style spaghetti?
Mine was my classic fettuccine carbonara pasta we had for dinner last night. It was home made and it’s sooooo good, my children loved it and everyone had their second serving. 🙂 And I unconsciously thought of the hashtag #susmaryosepdelicioustalagapromise.
What was yours?
I have been meaning to make carbonara from scratch for a very, very long time now, but I never did. But yesterday was different, I made carbonara from scratch for the first time and it was everything but delicious.
And you are one lucky gal, I’m sharing my delicious carbonara recipe today. 🙂
- 250g Fettuccine pasta
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- 5 cloves garlic (diced)
- 3 basil leaves (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 200g bacon
- 1. Cook pasta according to package instruction. When the pasta is done, reserve 1/2 cup of the water, then drain.
- 2. In a small bowl whisk the eggs, all purpose cream, basil and garlic until well-combined.
- 3. Fry the bacon, about 3 minutes, or until the meat is crispy and golden and has rendered its fat.
- 4. Toss in the spaghetti.
- 5. Remove the pan from the heat and add the egg mixture and stirring quickly until the eggs thicken. The residual heat will cook the eggs but work quickly to prevent the eggs from scrambling. If the sauce seems too thick, thin it out with a little reserved pasta water.
- Season liberally with black pepper and parmesan cheese and some salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
P.S. One brave and kind soul nominated me in Bloggys – Philippine Blogging Awards. If you find my website award worthy and enjoy my recipes and finds inspiration in my food photos, please vote for me here: http://bloggys.ph/section-2/ scroll all the way down and find my URL joybites.com. Thank you in advance! 🙂