If you are like me, I guess you are always looking for ways how to make a budget-friendly holiday favorites. Well, surprise-surprise! Chef Mitchie Sison’s recipe recommendations are here to make your Noche Buena festive yet easier on your time and pocket. And to make your holiday more special, I’m giving away Jolly Gift Packs!
You could win this!
Please make sure to follow all the mechanics below to be eligible to win.
1. Follow JoyBites on Instagram
2. Like JoyBites on Facebook
3. Post a photo of a dish or dishes that were inspired (or anything similar) by any of the recipes below and tag me on Facebook (@joybitesme) and Instagram (@joybites)
4. Three (3) winners will receive gift packs from Jolly!
5. This is open to all Metro Manila residents only.
Submission of entry ends on Dec 31, 2016! Hurry!!!
Announcement of winners on January 03, 2017. 🙂
Enjoy your Noche Buena and family gatherings even more with suggested recipes of Quezo-Butter Corn, Garlic Chicken with Gravy Sauce, Cheesy Mushroom Penne and May-ry, Cherry and Orange Mocktail using Jolly Food Line’s wide range of products. With these on your menu for Noche Buena, Christmas will surely be merry and jolly!
- 4 tablespoons butter P 40.00
- 1 400g can Jolly Mushrooms Pieces and Stems, drained P 47.00
- 1 small onion, finely chopped P 20.00
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour P 15.00
- 3/4 teaspoon yellow mustard P 25.00
- 1/2 teaspoon salt P 10.00
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper P 10.00
- 1 1/2 cups Jolly Cow Fresh Milk P 20.00
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese P 150.00
- 500g Dona Elena Al Dente Penne,
- cooked according to package instructions P 68.00
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley P 20.00
- Total Cost: P 425.00
- 6-8 servings
- Total cost per serving
- P 70.83
- 1. Melt half of the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add Jolly Pieces and Stems and onion; saute until fragrant.
- 2. Turn heat to low. Add flour, mustard, salt, and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes. Gradually whisk in Jolly Cow Fresh Milk. Let is simmer until sauce is smooth and slightly thickened, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat. Add grated cheese and parsley; stir until cheese melts. Mix in pasta.
- 4. Transfer in a serving dish and then top with parsley.
- ½ cup butter P 50.00
- 2 cans Jolly Whole Corn Kernels drained P 60.00
- salt and pepper P 10.00
- 2 boxes cheddar cheese, grated P 90.00
- ¼ cup sliced green onions P 20.00
- Total cost: P 230.00
- Serving: 6 servings
- Cost per serving: P 38.33
- 1. In a pan over medium heat, melt butter. Toss in Jolly Whole Corn Kernels, salt, pepper and half of the grated cheese. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- 2. Transfer in a serving dish. Top with remaining grated cheese and green onions.
- 3. In a bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 23 minutes.
- 4. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Pan-fry chicken until all sides are brown. Set aside.
- 5. In the same skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add Jolly Pieces and Stems and Jolly Shiitake Mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- 6. Stir in the chicken stock, Jolly Cream of Mushroom Soup and soy sauce. Let it simmer until thick.
- 7. Add the pan-fried chicken to the skillet. Spoon the sauce over the chicken pieces. Cover, reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- 8. Transfer on a plate and top with chopped parsley.
- 2 (11oz) cans Jolly Mandarin Oranges
- 1 liter May Sparkling Juice (White)
- ½ cup Jolly Maraschino Cherries with stem
- 1. Spoon two tablespoons of mandarin oranges with syrup on each glass.
- 2. Add one Jolly Maraschino Cherry.
- 3. Pour in May Sparkling Juice until it fills the glass.
- 6 pcs chicken thigh P 200.00
- salt and freshly ground pepper P 20.00
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter P 40.00
- 1 head garlic, minced P 20.00
- 1 400g Jolly Mushrooms Pieces and Stems, drained P 47.00
- 1 198g can Jolly Shitake Mushrooms, sliced P 36.00
- 1 cup chicken stock P 16.00
- 1 can Jolly Cream of Mushroom Soup P 42.00
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce P 10.00
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley P 20.00
- Total cost: P 451.00
- Serving: 6 servings
- Cost per serving: P75.17
- 1. In a bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Pan-fry chicken until all sides are brown. Set aside.
- 3. In the same skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add Jolly Mushrooms Pieces and Stems and Jolly Shiitake Mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- 4. Stir in the chicken stock, Jolly Cream of Mushroom Soup and soy sauce. Let it simmer until thick.
- 5. Return the pan-fried chicken to the skillet. Spoon the sauce over the chicken pieces. Cover, reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- 6. Transfer on a plate and top with chopped parsley.
JOLLY is a canned fruits and vegetable line marketed and exclusively distributed by Fly Ace Corp., one of the leading food and beverage consumer goods companies in the country today. Propelling limitless multiple-category growth by bringing the best of the world closer to Filipino homes, Fly Ace Corp.’s portfolio of food and beverage products includes house brands and exclusively distributed brands. For more updates, visit jolly.com.ph or like its official Facebook fanpage or follow via Twitter and Instagram (@jollyeatsph).