This Valentines Day, make something special for your loved ones. 🙂
Try my easy fruits and sago pudding recipe.
Since strawberry is in season you can find them in leading grocery stores like SM Hypermarket, Landmark, Rustans and SnR.
In this recipe you can use any fruits you prefer. I’m thinking melon, kiwi and caramelize bananas will do too, so do not limit yourselves with just this two fruits.
I’m a fan of “gata” or coconut milk and I’ve tried mostly all coconut milk in cans sold at supermarkets but none of them have become my favorite, I always ended up buying a freshly squeezed coconut milk in our local wet market.
Since Jolly came out with their coconut milk I just thought I should give it try. Jolly’s coconut milk has a freshness and natural sweetness very near to what I can buy at our local wet market.
Here’s the complete recipe.
- 2 pieces whole ripe mangoes
- 8-10 pieces of strawberries
- 1 can Jolly Coconut milk, 400ml
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup tapioca pearls (cooked)
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 1. Dissolve the gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water.
- 2. Boil tapioca and coconut milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat and stir constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar and gelatin.
- 3. Simmer gently until thickened, 3- 5 minutes , then remove from the heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes before stirring in the vanilla extract. Serve either warm or chilled. Topped with mango or strawberry. 🙂