I bet you will love this slow cooker recipe! Pulled pork is a method of cooking pork where the meat is cooked slowly at low temperatures for several hours. It’s a versatile, delicious shredded pork that can be paired with rice or bread.
I tried pulled pork sandwich on different occasions and I loved it. It’s full flavor, very filling and exciting to eat, you can eat it with or without coleslaw. 🙂 I originally made it for rice toppings for dinner and saved some for sandwich, just to see how it will tastes like. Like what I’m expecting, they tastes very good on both rice and bread. 🙂
The coleslaw tastes good too. I used shredded carrots, green and red cabbage with Japaneses mayonnaise ( I used Kewpie, it’s available in SM Hypermarket and Landmark) with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste, nothing fancy. 😛
It’s very easy to make, normally most recipes I saw posted online requires pork shoulders for easy shredding but here I used pork pigue (because honestly that’s what I only got in my fridge), though I’m considering using pork shoulder next time, maybe you should use pork shoulders and let me know how different it could be in terms of easy shredding and it’s level of tastiness.
Like I said a gazillion times, it’s really easy to make. It’s like you dump the ingredients in your slow cooker, forget it for 5-8 hours and without even knowing it dinner is ready. 🙂 That easy! 🙂
Here’s the complete recipe for you. Enjoy! 🙂
- 1/2 kilo of pigue or pork loin (cubed)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or you can use 3-5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's Barbeque Sauce, available in SnR)
- 1. In small bowl, stir together salt, paprika, and brown sugar.
- 2. Rub salt mixture on pork to cover completely. Place pork in slow cooker. Add water to side of pork.
- 3. Cover; cook on High heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
- 4. In slow cooker, use 2 forks to shred pork. Stir in barbecue sauce until well mixed